That is how spectacular this upcoming Solar Eclipse will be! The countdown begins . . .As I start to write this, we are only 6 days away from experiencing one of the most sensational events in our lifetime. My friend and I will be photographing in the 70 mile wide totality line which stretches across the USA from Oregon to the Smokey Mountains.
- Hotel reservations made…Check!
- Solar filters for three cameras/lenses purchased and received….Check!
- Nasa recommended Solar glasses received…..Check!
- Journey mapped out…..Check!
- Car maintenance dealt with …..Check!
- Camera Equipment ready to go….Check!
- Solar Eclipse Music Playlist downloaded…..Check! Gotta have the tunes to travel with and get you pumped up on the journey north! HA!!
We will be traveling north as far as we can after my 50th High School Reunion in Waco on the night of August 19th which by the way is another event that will not happen again in my lifetime. We will stop in Oklahoma for a few hours of rest and hit the road again to travel north of Kansas City. Why there? The closest place in the ‘zone’ we could find that we could get hotel reservations!
- Practice photographing the Sun with all the filters on and know what I am doing….NOT Checked!
The days preceding this once-in-a-lifetime event will be filled with learning what the heck I will be doing in the way of photographing. And if all else fails? I will sit back in my lawn chair, put on my solar eclipse glasses and watch! Watch the most amazing solar eclipse that my friend and I will have ever witnessed; and savor the moments along with many millions of other folks! This will bring me JOY and I hope it will bring you JOY to do it as well!!
Check out my website, www.diannawalkerphotography.com for some awesome fine art photography. If you see a piece or a collection you just can’t live without, contact me for an incredible ‘Solar Eclipse’ special!
Let me hear from you….!!!